Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Four more years of Hell!

I am too depressed to write my own thoughts. So I am going to cheat a little bit and quote Simon Jessey:

«Four years from now, America will look very different. Huge spending on the armed forces and their weaponry, together with tax cuts and fiscal mismanagement will deepen an already massive budget deficit. The nation's standing in the eyes of the rest of the world will not have improved. Indeed, with Bush's brand of accusation and invasion, it can only get worse. The revised Patriot Act will enable greater infringements on our civil liberty.

The really scary part of the next four years, however, will be the integration of religion into state affairs. Before you know it, we'll be seeing Creationism being taught in schools. We'll be seeing abortion made illegal. We'll be seeing the gay and lesbian community totally disenfranchised.

I hope I am wrong. Please let me be wrong.»

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home